top of page


We take complaints very seriously and try to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When patients complain, they are dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible.


The Complaints Manager is Dr M. Kaupas. If you wish to contact someone else at the practice, you can contact our practice manager, Miss Gemma Bugg.


Your complaint must be made within 12 months of receiving treatment.


The quickest way to resolve the problem is to contact the practice who should be able to resolve your complaint there and then.


If a patient complains on the telephone or at the reception desk, we will listen to their complaint and offer to refer him or her to the Complaints Manager. If the Complaints Manager is not available at the time, then the patient will be advised and the member of staff will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on.


If the patient complains in writing, the letter or email will be passed on immediately to the Complaints Manager.


If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not wish this to happen.


We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing as soon as possible, normally within 3 working days.


We will seek to investigate the complaint within 10 working days of receipt. If we are unable to investigate the complaint within 10 working days we will notify the patient, giving reasons for the delay and a likely period within which the investigation will be completed. We will provide a response to the complaint in writing immediately after completing our investigation.


Proper and comprehensive records are kept of any complaint received as well as any actions taken to improve services as a consequence of a complaint.


If patients are not satisfied with the result of our procedure then a complaint may be made to:


NHS Complaints: you can contact NHS England, which is responsible for NHS dental services.

  • If you're not happy with the way your complaint was handled – either by the dental practice or NHS England – you may wish to contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO).

  • The PHSO makes the final decision on complaints that haven't been resolved by NHS England. You can call on 0345 015 4033 or use the PHSO's secure online form to raise your complaint (this only applies to NHS services in England). 

You can find further information and support for making a complaint from Citizens Advice or from the Care Quality Commission (CQC). The CQC does not settle individual disputes, but your feedback about a practice helps it to decide when, where and what to inspect.


Private Complaints: If your complaint is not resolved satisfactorily, you may want to consider contacting the General Dental Council, which sets standards of conduct and regulates all dental professionals in the UK. It may be able to investigate your concerns. You can also contact the Dental Complaints Service on 020 8253 0800 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm) or visit its website for more information.

Lavender Dental Care

bottom of page